Understanding Deep Tissue Massage
Massage therapy has been practiced for thousands of years across the world. Today there are over 80 massage styles, techniques and movements in Ashgrove, Brisbane. Massage basically involves manipulating, rubbing and pressing muscles using fingers, hands, elbows, forearms and sometimes even feet. One of the common massage therapy styles is the deep tissue massage. While most massage styles are popular only at specific times, deep tissue massage Ashgrove offers is always on top demand throughout the year. The question is why. Read on and understand more about deep tissue massage.
What is deep tissue massage?
Typically, deep tissue massage focuses on realigning connective tissues and deeper layers of muscles. It is recommended by many doctors for treatment of chronic pains, aches and contracted areas such as leg muscle tightness, low back pain and stiff neck. So, by scheduling an appointment with an expert in deep tissue massage Ashgrove has today, you’ll not only have your muscles relax but also have them corrected.
How Does Deep Tissue Massage Work?
As the name suggests, deep tissue massage involves the use of strong pressure and not just stroking of oil over the skin. This style focuses on the adhesions found in the deepest layers of the fascia, tendons and muscle tissues. Your therapists will use deep finger pressure and slow strokes to break down the adhesions thus restore normal movement and relieve pain. However, deep tissue massage is less rhythmic than other massage styles.
Is Deep Tissue Massage Painful?
Unlike other Brisbane relaxation massage therapies, such as Brisbane hot stone massage, Brisbane chair massage and Brisbane facial massage, deep tissue massage causes some pain and discomfort. For this reason, it is important to be free with your therapist so that you can inform him when things hurt. You may also experience pain and stiffness right after the massage, but it should subside within a few hours.
Who Benefits from Deep Tissue Massage?
You should highly consider having deep tissue massage if you suffer from consistent or chronic muscle pain especially in the muscles around the shoulders, lower back and the neck. Such pain often results from exercise-related injuries and posture problems. Long-term emotional stress has also been associated with chronic muscle pain and tension.
The benefits of deep tissue massage include:
- Reduces Chronic Pain: Deep tissue massage reduces inflammation that causes pain by enhancing blood circulation.
- Regulate Blood Pressure: Deep tissue massage helps to ease tension and stress which in turn has a profound effect on blood pressure.
- Helps in Repairing Injured Muscles: Deep tissue massage enhances movement of toxins away from injured areas thus promoting healing.
- Relief of Stress: Deep tissue massage magnificently reduces stress by eliminating all the side-effects of stress such as tight muscles, rigid shoulders and headaches.
- Breaks Down Old Scars: Scar tissues in your body can be erased with continuous deep tissue massage. It is therefore recommended for people recovering from surgery.
Deep tissue massage is definitely suitable for anyone seeking to achieve total relaxation through massage therapy. Look for a good deep tissue massage Ashgrove has to offer and discuss ways in which you can customize your massage for maximum benefit. http://genesisbodywork.com.au/deep-tissue-sports-massage/